Yachts are generally better equipped now than ever, and whilst marine electrical and electronic equipment is more efficient, and more reliable than it has ever been - that’s a lot more than can be said for the cabling, circuit protection, and connectors that tie it all together into an electrical system.
Even the most complex electrical system can be brought to a complete standstill by simple faults, and in order to get the most out of the expensive equipment it must be installed correctly in the first place, taking into account the wider electrical system, cable sizing, and circuit protection. Once installed, the wiring and terminations require periodic inspection and servicing to ensure safety, and trouble free operation, and this part is most often overlooked.
Many newly qualified commercial yacht skippers, from personal experience, are not prepared for the complexities of a modern well equipped ocean going yacht, and often do not know where to start on such a vessel that is many orders of magnitude more complex than the average school training vessel. This is particularly the case with newly qualified delivery crew, who can really find it hard to understand the complexities of the on board electrical systems.
There is a solution…
The Meco Level 1 and 2 package will take you from the very basics up to a solid intermediate level, this will enable you to build skills at your pace, with full support.
You will start from the very basics of how electricity behaves in a circuit, how to measure voltage and current, and how use these skills to develop solid marine electrical fault finding techniques, fault prevention, and repairs.
- Learn how to make your boats electrical system safer and more reliable by identifying basic minor problems early before they become potentially dangerous and expensive major faults.
- Learn tips and tricks from fully qualified and certified Marine Electricians to ensure your electrical system meets the current standards for your area, and when to call in the professionals.
The course is as flexible as you are as there are no time limits and all lessons and presentations delivered on demand, you can rewind, pause and fast forward.
- Log in whenever suits, all lectures are on demand and you can watch as many times as required and full support is available in chat boxes on each page from fully certified Marine Electricians.
- I want to make sure the course has value for you, but if the course is not for you, let me know within 30 days and I will give you a full refund.
- At the end of each course you will be awarded a course completion certificate, so if you are a professional skipper or crew person you can demonstrate you have completed a Marine Electrical course and have some basic electrical skills and knowledge.
I have been doing this course in my own time while working as an apprentice marine engineer. It has been very interesting and I have been enjoying it immensely, could not recommend it enough. Hoping there may be a Level 3 in the future : D
I've been an engineer most of my working life and felt a need to progress. I came across the marine electric course on Facebook. Using my charm I managed to get my wife to pay for level 1&2 as a early birthday/Xmas present. The course is easy to follow, in my own time. Well set out and informative.
I began sailing as a small child with my dad and grandad when we first ventured out in a 30 foot ketch into a rather bumpy Lune river in the UK, we had some fantastic adventures! This inspired me to gain my Yachtmaster certification and head into the teaching world as a Yachtmaster instructor.
Prior to achieving my Yachtmaster I had worked as a marine electrician, so combining my two skills the decision was made to start teaching Maritime Engineering Courses to boat owners, skippers and crew as there was clearly some demand for this. I am also a fully certified marine electrician, and NMEA 2000 engineer.
So if you'd like to improve your knowledge of on board systems, I'm here to help.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: £300
Discounted price £225
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
- Log in whenever suits, all lectures are online and on demand
- Take your time, there is no rush - take as long as you need
- If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, let me know in the first 30 days and I will give you a full refund.